Friday, July 24, 2026

June from Kate - orderly + spontaneous

 


I let Kate know how much I enjoyed this envelope. After the inspiration from Amy and my wild version, Kate could see the error of my ways and did something that makes a lot of sense. She also mentioned that she's happier with rulers and measuring. 

I can't say that I have a preference for flinging things over orderly planning and execution. Often times, I'll plan something out and then it looks too stiff. I guess I am looking for something that has a nice, strong structure - but within that structure - things are spontaneous.

Here's a detail that I looked at that might not be on everyone's radar: Do all the spirals start and end in the same place? No they do not. Did Kate think about that? I suspect she did and I hope we hear from her. If all of the spirals had been in the same orientation, it would not have looked as good. Maybe I need to do two borders - to illustrate (or confirm) my prediction.

Now I am wishing I had set this up as a test to see if people could tell the difference. I love the idea and I would do it - but, I am sticking to my rule of writing the post, publishing it, and no going back for changes. Lat minute edits are OK - but that's where we draw the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment