Saturday, March 4, 2023

Feb to Troy, Carolyn & April -- Stamp placement

 


After the 2 PicklePies that were not heading in a happy direction I tried some fun heart designs. I thought maybe some different markers would help with some future PicklePies. These are my fairly old opaque gel markers. A few have dried up and maybe it's time to just toss them. I usually like hearts that are done very quickly and the ones I did on Lauren's and Jessica's pleased me - but these three didn't seem to be working. I spent way too much time outlining the ones on Troy's to make them crisper -- and then gave up. Back to PicklePie tomorrow.

***

Goodness - we have not discussed the placement of the stamps for a while. I am still urging people to conform to upper right corners for stamps - and neatly printed addresses towards the bottom - but still leaving a half-inch for the bar code.

Here was Troy's contribution to the conversation back in December. It got lost in my stack of emails.

I’m not obsessed with this issue. Seriously, I’m not. Maybe not. 


I asked my resident postal expert, my mom, about the stamp placement issue. 

She said there was nothing in writing that postage needed to be in the top right hand corner. It just needed to be where it can be seen.

If it is on the back, then make a note on front that it is on the back. 

She said she delivered mail with postage in various places. 

Obviously, the goal is to make it easy for the scanner to read. 

She was a rural letter carrier for years. She was President of the Florida Rural Letter Carriers Association for a number of years. She did route adjustments and was a union steward for years as well. So, she has some experience in these things. 

I have an aunt and uncle who were also rural carriers. i thought it could be fun to ask them and others some questions after the first of the year. 

Questions like - what are some of the strangest things you’ve ever delivered?

Let me know what you think.  Obviously, I have many family connections with the postal service. So, I can reach out to them as well. 

***
Back to Jean's comments -- Oh.My.Gosh - we would love to hear from some postal workers.....If you have time -- ask them for their input. I have not heard back from the person who was supposed to get back to me - and now I can't even remember what my questions were.....

1 comment: