Friday, March 3, 2023

Feb to Lauren - Rabbit hole

 


Well, Grrrrr at myself. An all-too-often mistake that I make is starting off on Lauren's name as if it has 5 letters - and discover (too late) that it has 6. I usually figure out my mistake after the U - and it would look better to stack the RE and then have a regular N - but, I was not following my own rules. Then I did the thing with her last name where I stacked the letters vertically. UGH-MO. Lucky for me, I also used a wimpy marker - so it was an easy fix to just write over the top with a bold marker. All of the outlining is way too heavy. I forgot to refer back to the original PicklePie. Grrrrr.

***

Here is a really good rabbit hole.

I will add a new label - RGRH: really good rabbit hole - and maybe I can remember to add other rabbit holes as I find them or as they are sent to me. This was sent by Chuck. I'm not sure if Chuck and I will ever end up in a home for seniors - but we should consider heading to the same one. I'm sure we would adjust quite nicely to the challenges of group-living-for-the-elderly if we could just sit and surf all day every day. 

LINK to a good rabbit hole

Here is an example - if you see this - and click on it - it will take you to her Flickr page and you can flip through the whole alphabet. Her stuff seems pretty old - pre-mid-century - so it's probably all in the public domain? And it is mostly European. 56,000 images on her Flickr page.


This is cool - would love to find a hi-res image. I wonder if kids make things out of paper any more. They probably just print things out on their 3D printers.





1 comment:

  1. I have the bad habit of putting part of one person's address and the third line of someone else's address. Grrr. So aggernoying!

    ReplyDelete