Thursday, March 2, 2023

Feb to Jessica - Beth Lee

 


This is PicklePie envelope number 2 - after doing the 5 letters in Chuck's name (yesterday) with a smaller marker - I went to the other end of the spectrum - the challenging *jessicaschwessinger* - 19 letters. It hardly resembles PicklePie at all - and I missed one of the S's - the double ss near the end. Oops. Someday I am going to review all the Jessica envelopes and see if there is even a single one that turned out beautifully. That Ben Shahn lettering pictured below would be perfect for Jessica's name.

***

It seems odd that I have never linked to Beth Lee. She's a calligrapher and book binder who has been around for a long time and her blog goes back to 2005. She does not have daily posts - because she focuses on quality, not quantity. I was doing some surfing as the coffee kicked in and the Ben Shahn lettering popped up. It's been on my to-do list - so we might see some Ben-ish lettering one of these days.

LINK to Beth's blog

LINK to Beth's IG


Above is not Ben-ish -- I just liked the words.
Below is Ben-ish




No comments:

Post a Comment