Wednesday, March 22, 2023

HB to the BHB - (from Mary) - March 22

 Happy Birthday BigHelpfulBrother.


Happy Birthday to my BigHelpfulBrother. I could recycle this by making it -- To: Jean Wilson's BigHelpfulBrother. Mary has used this style previously and I keep thinking I will get around to doing my version of it.

I need to find a way to store the design ideas that I think I could appropriate successfully. Thought bubbles are one of my favorite motifs - and I like that circle in the middle. Hopefully I'll remember to pull this out when I start the April exchange envelopes. So far this year, I have put John Hancock, Jennifer, and Peggy on the list for the envelopes coming to me. I'm tempted to keep putting alternative names on the list - so I have to think of who needs a stack of fun mail.....

For several weeks - I have had an actual birthday card (recycled) floating around my desk to send to the BigHelpfulBrother - and, of course, it has disappeared. Then there is the big box of cards that I need to send out into the world. Maybe I'll make myself use them on the April exchange. One of my dear pen pals that I met through this blog just sent me her stash of vintage stamps. She's moving and must have decided to do a bit of sifting. I should have done a video of me going through the stamps when they arrived -- there were some pretty *wow* moments. Let's hope I can do them justice. Spoiler alert - I did manage to do about 6 envelopes with nibs and ink for the March exchange - and they weren't too bad.


1 comment:

  1. Your friend sounds like she is doing some sifting with her shifting!
    I try to always send you an envelope even if you aren't on my list. It seems the least I can do for all the effort you put into running a smooth ship.

    ReplyDelete