Monday, June 7, 2021

HB to G3 - (Celebrities)


I love this little booklet that CathyO enclosed for Mr Wilson's 70th birthday. The envelope is also perfect for an aging DeadHead.

***
I set a goal of filling up 5 posts every morning before I get on with my day. It is currently 9 am and I think this is only number 3. I know some of you prefer ranting to pondering - so here is something that I feel like ranting about.

Why do people pay so much attention to celebrities? I'm aware that they bring a lot of it on themselves just  to promote their careers, They hire people to make sure they get a lot of publicity. But, why are we interested?

Something about my two previous posts about Halston and Jason Momoa made me uncomfortable. I think it is so weird to pay attention to people based on where they came from. Obviously, I need to fill my daily posts and I really do love the mail and the messages that I get from people. I just don't want to look like a ninny who's spending time on celebrity drivel.

Technically, I think I am somewhat of a ninny. I'm not proud of that. But, I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a serious underachiever. And to be honest --I think underachieving is under rated. A week or so after I wrote this I had to come back and edit my remark. It seems that Naomi dropping out of the French Open has stirred up a lot of conversation. Some people are pointing out that the insanity of competing at the highest levels (in sports - but it might as well be anywhere) might be detrimental to one's well being.

So - maybe underachieving (in moderation) is fine. 


1 comment:

  1. Jean, I'm with you as a Master of Underachievement. Now that I get to be retired, I can spend the whole day drawing, watching TV, playing computer games and doing nothing productive. I LOVE it! I could never understand people who didn't want to retire because they'd have nothing to do! Ha! Even being in quarantine was easier for me than most others. I'm a total homebody and prefer not to leave the house most of the time. Ah, the life of an introvert has to be deferred until retirement, but it was well worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete