Saturday, June 12, 2021

From Edvard to Lauren --- (sifting + pre-obit)

This is the third one in a row where I asked for images of mail.
I've know Edvard for several years and this was his first time doing the exchange. I didn't participate in the exchange that month so I asked Lauren to send me an image. I was curious to see what Edvard created. Lauren and I are wondering if there is a message behind the collage. That's part of the fun of collages - they might mean something or they might not.

****
During my endless project of sifting through things, I have sifted through my blogs. I use blogs as a filing system and I have 21 blogs. A few of them are public. Several are still in *draft* form, which means I can review the posts and when they are ready to go public, I can put them out there with one simple click. I need to delete and combine some of the blogs. In the end, I'll have Pushing the Envelopes, one blog for each of my three kids, the recipe blog, and then my *archive of thoughts.* 

The archive will have my *goodbye* message. It's like an obituary written by me. I actually wrote one in 2015 and during the sifting, I reviewed what I had to say 6 years ago and I was surprised that I still felt the same way. The only editing that I will do is a reference to my kids. I implied that they should not have an actual funeral because they have a tendency to *disagree.* I feel like now that they are in their 30s and 40s, they've matured, so they can probably get along fine. Although, I'm guessing they will organize a Zoom since they tend to be many miles apart, literally. 

The rest of my farewell post was/is really sweet. I explain that I want an online service of some sort because my blog friends are as important to me as my in-person family and friends. I hope you are feeling the warm fuzzies. I could get all mushy - and mention the really lovely snail mail and email that people send - but, I'm not a mushy type. I'll just say thank you.

It was so nice of all y'all to stick with me through the doldrums.

Brace yourself -- tomorrow we will have one of the lamest posts - E.V.E.R.

****
The PartyTime/Anything Goes exemplars are going to be posted on the 17th.
I just found about 6 legitimate comments (and 4 spams) waiting for moderation.
<sigh> seems like regular checking of my spam for comments is beyond my capabilities.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment