Thursday, March 14, 2024

To Tom from Susan - critiquing stamps


This one makes me long for more monster stamps. I think I had 3 or 4 sheets of them at one time - and they are almost all gone.

By the way - when I saw the wall chart of all the stamps coming out in 2024 I was struck by how many of them were images that turned to mush at a distance. I'll have to look more closely - but it seemed like they were mostly based on photographs. The Ansel Adams stamps stood out for being black and white. You might want to get a few sheets of those. It seems like there are lot of beautiful envelopes based on just black and white - but not that many options for black and white stamps.

OK - I did further research - Dungeons & Dragons and Carnival - mush
Turtles, horses, shaker furniture, humming birds - photographs - all fairly mushy, colorwise.
The new 1 and 2 ounce set with watercolor flowers is mushy. Brighter, but still mushy.
And there is another orange-mush set - autumn leaves - mush.

The big hits - for graphic design are the round ones, the snowflakes, and Underground Railroad. 
Year of the dragon - and the red and white love stamp are nice.

Here's a link - maybe they won't seem mushy to you.

Or maybe it will be a whole lot easier to color coordinate envelope designs with stamps when the colors are not so specific.

And by mushy - I mean that there is no dominant color. I'm not explaining this very well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment