Tuesday, March 19, 2024

FEB to Patty


 This is the first of the envelopes I sent in February. I was using up orphan stamps and this is not the final-final photo. The skateboard is on a second piece of paper that I adhered over the top of a debacle. And the stamp has not been adhered. I spent more time  on this envelope than the other 19 for the month put together. 

Below is the atrocity that I had to cover up. It's wretched. This all happened during a stretch of days when there was a bunch of gobbledegook - and choosing to redo the name was therapeutic. 

I just cringe - looking at what's underneath. The biggest problem was that I used the wrong orange marker on the P. Rather than cut my losses and just toss the envelope - or switch to black - I led it even further down hill.


Below is the final - after I adhered the corrected skateboard. Patty is probably the only one who noticed that I also added a C on top of the K. It was missing in the top one - and I did not notice until I put in allllll the time to color in all that red. I'm not 100% happy with the way I added the C. It should have been backwards. 

And is anyone bothered that I did not fill in all the red? I was convinced that it needed to have an unfinished quality. Now I am having second thoughts. The goal was to enjoy myself - and that happened. Nuf said.



Nuf -- until a couple weeks later when I am editing and catching a bunch of typos and then I cringed at the length of those *expression* lines. What's the name for those things? Bursts? Whatever it is - they are way too long. Grrrrr.


No comments:

Post a Comment