Wednesday, March 6, 2024

To Tom from JeanR - Dempsey and Carroll

 


Forgive me while I do a little freak out about the time flying. I had been keeping the blog filled at least a month ahead - and just discovered that I am only a week ahead. A WEEK. Brace yourselves - the next couple weeks will have very short blurbs. And probably be repetitive -- which is a reflection of my poor writing skill. I really do like every envelope - but sometimes I have to do deep pondering to pin-point what exactly it is that I like. 

This one is clever - clever use of ideas off the stamp - generally geometric without being literal - and nice white space. Love it.

***

Back in the day - when I addressed wedding invitations - I was alway happiest when I was writing on either Crane's or William Arthur. You could get actual steel engraving from both companies. I remember hearing about another company but do not recall the name --- and then, out of the blue, I was reading an article that mentioned Dempsey and Carroll. Oh.My.Gosh. I wonder why it's taken them this long to pop up on my radar. I think it's because there is a level above the 1% - something like the .0001% who has their own exclusive purveyors of goods. 

In addition to fine stationery - they have a leather envelope. I'm not sure how one uses a leather envelope. Maybe someone knows and will enlighten us. It's only 4"x 6" - so I don't think it's a purse. Unless the only thing you need to carry is your Black American Express card. By the way - did you know that even though there is no limit to how much you can charge on a Black AmEx - you have to pay the balance, in full, during the next billing cycle. 

https://www.dempseyandcarroll.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment