Monday, August 8, 2022

To Lynne in July - Field trip to the PO

Leslie asked if there was anything to view on the new blog - not yet. You may view it in all its emptiness here: https://theelevatedenvelope.blogspot.com I still haven't figured out how to adjust Blogger so that I may leave comments on my own blogs. Grrrrr.


An idea from a while back that I enjoy doing, but, it is not easy for the scanners to read so, I resist the temptation to do it frequently. The stamp lends itself to the red-blue-yellow color scheme. Does the BigHelpfulBrother automatically think: Primary colors? Or is he still stuck on that those other three colors that are *primary* for some other thing - like computer screens or something. He never remembers the *rules* in my world and I never remember the *rules* in his world.

 ****

Des Moines built a huge skatepark right downtown on the bank of the Des Moines River. There is also a river walk that goes under the main freeway that cuts through town. On the other side of the interstate is the main post office. There was a huge skater festival that was starting on a Friday so the BigHelpfulBrother dropped me off, so I could wander through the park and then walk across to the PO and get a ride home with my son. 

Great idea - but, I arrived at 1:00 and they did not open until 3:00. The walkway down by the river was blocked off, so I had to navigate over to the post office through a tangle of streets and ramps. Eventually I got there and as I made my way around the building to get to where I was to meet my son I walked by this plaque. 

Interesting. The main PO came to Des Moines the same year I showed up for college. And then -- there appears to be a time capsule that they installed - and it was supposed to be opened in 2018. I wonder if they forgot. I will have to investigate and get back to you. 

The choice of stone wasn't very helpful with legibility.




No comments:

Post a Comment