Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Kate's splendid Title IX - USAF recruiting


I mentioned this one a couple times when I ran my own ideas that used this stamp. It has multiple ideas that I need to steal. The positioning of the stamp is so perfect for the cancel - because it doesn't obliterate the stamp - just nicks the top. The tiny writing is so nice. And repeating the motif from the stamp, and making it larger, covers two of our design principles - repetition (one of the most useful tools) and scale - playing around with the relative size of an element. 

Karl and I have launched a discussion on the elements and principles of design. The topic has come up previously. It will keep popping up in a chaotic order because Karl and I are letting chaos be our guide. 

***


 Even though I missed out on the actual skater festival - I did take this one shot of the big promotional mobile unit that the USAirForce had brought in. I'd sure like to know what kind of conversation led to them putting actual service people into a mobile unit and telling them to go recruit skaters and skate boarders. I'd reeeeeeeeeally like to know how many people they sign up at skater events. On the bell curve of people who are going to be compatible with a military life style, I'd have to put skaters way out at the very far end of probably not good candidates.

Or, maybe the mobile unit just has to find places to stop along the way and they do some of these random events because they have time to kill between the logical events (like state fairs).  I was so tempted to go back and talk to the recruiters to see what kind of info I could get out of them. 

Last year's winners here in DSM. Apparently our skate park is one of the biggest -- so they came back this year.


And a photo of pony express riders because it was in a folder that I am clearing out - and they look like they would have been good skateboarders. I think the skateboarders are modern versions of pony express guys. 





No comments:

Post a Comment