Monday, September 20, 2021

CathyO Flower Power (my appropriation). 1992 conference video


I tried appropriating CathyO's design. That stamp looks really bad in the photo. I was OK with the pastel lettering. But looking at them side by side -- clearly Cathy's is better.


Here is a blast from the past that will probably only be interesting to people who have been to the International Calligraphy Conferences. It was the 1992 Mosaic conference in Michigan. It's from before my time, but I recognize a lot of people. It might have been on super 8 film -- who knows -- 29 years ago.

About 10 minutes in there is a clever part where they have well known calligraphers who were instructors at the conference making statements about calligraphy that are at opposite ends of the spectrum. It does a good job of making the point that there really aren't any absolutes.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment