Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Two from Troy -G3&WGram (10 Corso Como)




CathyO emailed that the pens she used on the envelope I posted on Monday were the Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze pens. I had a set of them and they are fabulous. 


This is a weathergram from Troy and two envelopes. I love weathergrams. You may read all about them here. Correction: After doing a search, it appears that I have not written about them previously - which is hard to believe. I will make a note to discuss weathergrams and perhaps I will make some. 







Here is the exciting news about the Italian *Target* store. It has nothing to do with our Target. As an art major, we learned a lot about Italian art and we have always kept our eye on all things Italian. We even think that Italian food is one of the best genres of food. Is it called a genre - when referring to food - or have I lost the appropriate word. Please help if there is a better one. I don't want to use style. It seems like there is a foodie term that is escaping me.

Anyhow, Italian food seems like the perfect one to start with if you want to learn how to make food that is not the generic stuff that your mom fed you. Or maybe you did not have a generic mom and learned how to prepare interesting foods. I'm way off track here. 

So, I love Italian art, their food, textiles, movies, and their overall design sense. The only thing that is less-than-admirable is the mafia, but we do not need to go there. You can imagine my delight to find this very stylish version of Target. They are obsessed with hand drawn targets. It may inspire some of my September exchange envelopes. 


One more thing I love about the Italians are the feisty Italian grandmas. I've mellowed, but there was a time that I tried to channel that attitude. My mild mannered, reserved Scandinavian DNA served me well until I cross pollinated with MrW yielding offspring who did not respond very well to the calm sensible approach. In fairness to Italians, they are not the only feisty ones. It seems like it is a latitudinal thing. Cooler climates seem to produce cooler attitudes and warmer ones get a little *hotter* until you get to the equator where I think it's too hot to get *hot.* Ignore this. It's just more rambling.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jean, Love your column and this post, in particular. I love Italian food and all my Italian friends! Did you mean "cuisine"? Keep feeling better and writing and sharing. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you -- that's the word I had lost.

    ReplyDelete