Thursday, June 20, 2019

MarPTEX - Restraining the Rainbow

Two more where I finally figured out that I might do a better job if I did not use all the colors in the rainbow set.

Kate's is OK. If I had it to do over, I would have made the K and R larger. But at least the white space is not offensive.

On Robert's, I desperately wanted to add something - but as I recall, I let it go that way. Maybe not. It's weird how I can't remember anything once it is mailed. Although, I do remember how disappointed I was in myself that I did not do something better for Robert. This was his first time exchanging. I should have one idea ( or a few )  that I love - to use whenever there is a new person in the exchange.

There are so many people who only do the exchange once -- and I always wonder if they are disappointed in what they receive. But, I do not spend much time on that kind of pondering. The *whys* behind participation will be mysteries -- forever. Unless I win the lottery. Then I will hire a crew to drive me around the USA in a big tour bus and I will visit eVeRyOnE - both the frequent exchangers as well as the one-timers. And there will be a video crew. A YouTube channel where you can watch my conversations. I wonder where one goes to order a tour bus?

We already know that any question can be answered in one click. Here is my dream trip vehicle.

https://premieretransportation.com/travel-to-the-top

Atlas Obscura had a contest recently. They were looking for people to describe a dream trip and there will be winners. Sadly, they were not impressed with my dream trip and I received a polite email letting me know how much they enjoyed reading all the entries. They will feature the winning trips at some point and I'll post them here so we can decide if they were more worthy than my trip.

3 comments:

  1. Robert is one of my students. He's been very happy and pleased with participating in the exchanges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting to learn where people find out about the blog. It never occurred to me to ask them when they signed up.

      Delete
    2. I pass your name and blog along to my students. The blog has great ideas and the exchange is a good opportunity to practice with benefits.

      Delete