Monday, June 17, 2019

From Lisa and JeanR - July - Stars and Scraps

Top one from Lisa came in July - hence the stars. I like the Mr.Rogers stamp as an alternative to the flags.

And below - from JeanR - some collage that looks like she might have been using up some scrap paper. It looks like paper that was sitting to the side of the desk where there was a lot of pen-testing. I always like *test paper.* Years ago, when I taught Art for the Intimidated, when we did the unit on painting, I always handed out a piece of scrap paper and showed how essential it was to do a test stroke before you headed to the paper. Then I would sneak around and collect them and show how many of them could be cropped and turned into very pleasing abstract painting. There is something about mindless strokes that can be very fresh.

***

Swedish Death Cleaning in the kitchen. I decided the sell by date on pasta was just a technicality. Pasta lasts forever, right? I stopped eating pasta - but needed to feed Mr. Wilson. There were no bad side effects - and it has been over a week. Now I am pondering the cocoa from 2013. I can't imagine there is anything wrong with it. He gets one chocolate cake per year (in February) so a can of cocoa is going to last a long time. My question is not - should I continue to eat these items - should I be sharing the details with Mr. Wilson before he has dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment