Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Washed Away Address to Limner (Bonus Post)

Yesterday, Limner posted this image of an envelope that I sent -recently. I did about 30 envelopes using McCaffrey's indigo ink.  Most of them were to exchangers - but a few were not. I had no idea that McCaffrey's washed off that easily.

You can see the full blog post here:
Limner's Blog Post
She has a black and white image of the envelope before it went through the car wash.

Where did that image come from?
Is the PO now recording an image of each piece of mail we drop in the mail box?

I had some kind of weird premonition when I made the envelope and put The Limner's address as the *return* address instead of my own return address. I don't know what prompted me to do that. Sometimes I do it if I think the actual address is just too hard to read. To be honest, I'm a little weirded out. Did someone see what I had done and think that it was fishy - so they deleted one of the addresses?

And there is the matter of the other 30 envelopes that went out with *wash-off* ink. Five went out of the country. 1 exchanger did not get a *wash-off* ink envelope because I had a spare with her name on it. But the rest of the exchangers - I have my own address as the return, so I assume if any of them went through the car wash - they will come back to me. Except for the ones that I used the *wash-off* ink on. Bottom line - if you did not get your exchange envelope from me - let me know and I can send a replacement.

On a happier note ... if you read the blog on a web version -not a phone version- you can see some images of other blogs that I follow. Yesterday - it was really fun to see that both Eric and The Limner had posted mail from me at the same time. It would have been cool if FinnBadger had also posted mail from me. But, 2 out of 3 is pretty good. Sadly, Eric's post shows more dreadful cruelty-to-stamps. So sad. In the future, I will protect the pretty stamps by putting them inside another envelope.

Today's regular post is right below.

5 comments:

  1. The PO scans all the mail. I receive an email each day with scans of the mail I'll be receiving later that day. You can go to the website and log In to your account and let them know if you don't receive any of the mail that is in the email. It's called Informed Delivery.
    There has been a problem in a community near me. People haven't been receiving mail that looks like it may contain a greeting card. They are taking them for gift cards and cash.
    Occasionally, I receive other people's mail. I used to wonder if someone else was receiving something of mine.
    With Informed Delivery, I would know if either of these things occurred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this news. Now I have to decide if I am going to check my account. Part of me hesitates because I have been having a string of bad luck when trying to log into things or onto things. The other part of me is cautious about additional time spent at the computer. So - depending on how many parts I have - I am not sure if the scale will tip towards checking into this. I shall ponder for a while...

    Thank you so much for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean Check Eric's blog I posted a "how to" avoid cruelty to stamps at the PO in the comments go to the counter, smile and ask for a hand stamped round date stamp and say Thank you ( i just added the Thank you here) extra effort but it does work it was a great envelope

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed up for this service, too. Interestingly, quite a few pieces are not scanned, so there is still an element of surprise in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word Jean! I am glad I saw this *after* I sent 175 wedding invitations with McCaffrey's indigo ink! Ack! You've got me thinking now... I have hesitated to sign up for the mail notification only because I like the thrill of not knowing what is in my mailbox before I open it. Surprise - every day! Ha ha! But now I will reconsider. And such a good lesson to learn about the non-permanent inks.

    ReplyDelete