Saturday, September 15, 2012

EBW few more dots

in our series on dots, here is one with more dots. not much to say about this one except that i could sit and write with a white gel pen over the top of dark marker all-day-long. i like these dots because they go off the edge. i would have to do a sample where they did not go off the edge to show that this way looks better. but, you should just believe me. there are so few things that i can say with such authority....but, dotting off the edge is one of them. OK, that's a challenge, to you-know-who to make something pretty with the dots not going off the edge and prove that it can be prettier...or just as pretty.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, these letters are so FUN! And I really appreciate the tip of going off the edge with the polka dots -- I will have to remember that. I, too, love doodling on dark letters with white gel pens. Sometimes I draw scallopy designs along one edge and it looks really pretty. (You can see a couple of examples in my "Penmanship" Facebook photo album.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, i will check it out...and steal some ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all things with dots or polka dots! I was online this morning looking for wrapping paper with dots! Like your work Jean, keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete