***
My son had a friend visiting for a few days. Matt and I had a chance to visit. We were talking about the decline of the mail service that we remembered from the olden days - which for him was 20-30 years ago. I don't think he knows anything about my exchange or blog although he probably remembers the very cute invitations and addressing that I did on the HS graduation party invitations that I did for the two of them. Our families had a combined party. Matt did however mention that his girlfriend is very fond of real letters and real mail. Whenever I hear about people like her or connect with some of the little shops that still feature all things pens/markers/paper - I keep thinking it would be fun to start an online exchange that was not tied to me. Of course, I would figure out how to run it and also find someone who is interested in building an online presence. It would be someone who is young enough to enjoy *creating content* and doing the internet thing.
We need to maintain an option for the *quiet* people who just want to make something and don't want the chitchat. Maybe people would fill out a profile and would be paired based on whether they are *wordy* or *quiet* or *mixed bag*
If anyone has suggestions, pass them along.
It would be a *one-to-one* connection - no lists - and we would only provide an introduction and tell them to start the ball rolling. Then it would be up to them to keep it going. If people loved it, they could ask for another exchanger and gradually get enough exchange-buddies to keep things going.
We are not going to call it *pen pals* because that was always an exchange of letters. The whole point of this is to make mail art. And yes - I know there are mail art exchanges - but they are mostly like this one - where there is a call for entries - and they just want people to send mail to one place for an exhibit or an archive.
No comments:
Post a Comment