Thursday, June 27, 2024

May to Leslie - careers

 


This one would have benefited from some practice - to get the arcs smoother - and the little detail that I pulled from the stamp wants to be *more* - but I was concerned that it would get too fussy. You probably can't ever see the tiny little doo-dads that are inside the arcs. No - I added them later - so they aren't in the photo. (edited the next day) Maybe I'll get another sheet of these stamps and redo every idea that needs to be pushed further. I really like the black borders on the stamps - they allow for a nice bold address.

***

Remember a few weeks ago when we found out that there was an archeologist/reader/exchanger who was willing to weigh in on topics? I've emailed with some of the people who exchange and have learned of a few of our careers. Here is a list of the ones that I can recall. If you would like to add your career to the list - send me an email.

In no particular order:

Librarian

Calligrapher - hobbyist

Calligrapher - professional 

Art teacher

Reading teacher

Home schooler

Archeologist

Lawyer

Postal worker

Unicyclist

Pastor’s wife

Career wife and/or mother

*Money guy* - I think this person declined to use the title accountant because they did not have a degree in accounting, but clearly they did the job of an accountant.

College professor 

Astronomer
Doctor
Speech pathologist
Quilter
Musician
Artist

I guess I should start a chart - and keep a tally of how many of each.
There are more than one in several categories - and obviously everyone can put themselves into that last one.

Purpose of this survey: chore avoidance

Here are the additions to the list received in the days following the original post
Thanks to everyone who responded.

Architect
Forest fire lookout
Potter
Dishwasher
Ranch hand
Air Force officer
Beekeeper
Computer coder/developer
Carpenter
Concrete worker
Stonemason
Auto mechanic
Logger
Well digger
Caretaker of livestock
Corn detassler
Truck driver
Clerical worker
Receivables clerk
IT manager
Software developer



No comments:

Post a Comment