Sunday, June 16, 2024

May to Amy - thanking people

 We have finished the Caroline envelopes and her daughter Tracy wanted to give some kind of thank you - if she writes something up, I will include it here - in the mean time - here are portions of texts that she sent right after opening mail with her mom.

<snip> ....we are about bawling. The envelopes and messages inside are just out of this world and from everywhere...<snip> 

<snip>  Again, we are overwhelmed with this plethora of beauty and creative expression. What gifts. It just fills us with visual joy. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you...

AND - here is my own personal thank you:

It's time for a blanket thank you to the people who send me things. I had a bumper crop of email and snail mail, and goodies (including stamps) in April and now I have the dilemma of how to mention it and whether or not to express thanks to specific people.

OK - it is not a dilemma - I'm too disorganized to have an accurate list of who sent what - 

So - gushy thank yous - in equal measure - to the people who send stuff.

Shout out to the people who do not write or email... I see you in the statistics and am gobsmacked at how many of you there are.... thank you for being *silent partners.*

***

The add-on came first - hopefully this little flip won't cause any problems.


Remember the Thinking of You stamps - and the really nice one I did for Patty and the so-so one I did for Paula? Here's what happened with AMY. I can think of a much better way to do it. This stamp has no blue. There will be some other envelopes coming up with other stamps. I do like the dandelion on this stamp and might figure out a way to turn it into a letter. On this one, I wish I would have put the dandelion over by the Y and then had the little seed-fluffs spell out f-o-x--









1 comment:

  1. Hey Jean, I just wanted to pipe up and let you know that the 'so so' envelope to me was NOT so so!! It is amazing! I love it. The other girls at the PO love it. And it's framed and hanging on the wall, and customers love it! It is very creative and beautiful. Thank YOU for sending me stuff!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete