Wednesday, December 29, 2021

RIP to the year 2021 + env from Leslie


On Dec 4th, my morning surf took me to Australia, England, and back to the US. I frequently mention world famous lettering artist, John Stevens and every now and then I run across *the other* John Stevens. It is a shop on the list of the oldest continuously running businesses in the US. (founded in 1705) Their website is a spectacular rabbit hole full of all kinds of lovely images. They do their lettering with a brush on the stone and then carve it. My mind is blown (in more ways than one) that people can do this. Happy surfing. I even enjoyed the map and wandering around on street view.


***
From Leslie. I love this envelope made from what I am pretty sure is the USPS stamp catalogue. If you order stamps online, you also get a very nice quarterly catalogue. I'm not happy with the USPS worker who drew the Sharpie line across the butterfly. Grrrr. 

The technique of rubbing across a textured surface would be a fun one to try.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment