Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Gemma Black's Class (J's blah Nov's)


This caught my eye on Pinterest. It led to a blog and the post was about Gemma Black (well known Australian calligrapher) who had been on a trip to England. She taught at The Ardington School of Crafts.



They have online courses as well as in-person. It does not say if the image is something done by a student or by Gemma. I'm guessing it is by a student. I am very drawn to the colors as well as the lettering. Although, I am not a fan of the droopy D. There is so much emphasis at the top of many of the letters - why wouldn't you want the emphasis of the D to be high as well?



 ***

This is the last random post for a while. I am going to post all my Nov and Dec uglies and hope nobody gets sick. Here are 4 similar ones. I won't make you look at each one individually. I don't mind the white scroll stuff on top of the black - it got better as I drifted away from mimicking the actual shapes on the stamp.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jean- Re droopy D: it seems to me that if the weight were at the top it would topple right over, unlike the other similar letters, which appear to have enough grit to stand upright and steady on their own, at least for a little while.
    (And enough of the self-flagellation about ugly envelopes. They're not, of course. And you've reminded us regularly that these exchanges are supposed to be fun.😊)

    ReplyDelete