Friday, December 22, 2017

Indigo Ink to Troy - Oct Exchange

On Dec 1st, I posted an envelope using indigo ink and a scroll tip nib. It was right after a loyal and devoted exchanger asked me to send her an exchange envelope in actual copperplate - but only if I had time. Since I have started teaching again I have had more time to pull out nibs and ink and I was thrilled when I found the scroll tip nib. I loved it and was going to do all of the October exchange envelopes using the scroll tip nib.

The bottom envelope was the first one on the list and it had a big blob on the very first letter - and I planned on throwing it away - but thought I would experiment a bit. Then I kept doodling on it and started to like it. I don't love it - but thought it would be fun to send to Troy. There will be other envelopes from this series that show creative ways to manage mistakes and splatters.

His outer envelope (top one) was the first one I did with a Nikko G and I will show the progression of my envelopes from small and tight to large and loose. I prefer the larger looser styles - but the tiny tight ones are probably just fine. Tiny looks better on a smaller envelope. I pondered filling up all the excess space with stamps, but as soon as I start digging through the stamp stash, I get discombobulated with the mathematical chore of getting the right amount on the envelope.


No comments:

Post a Comment