Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Nov-Dec to Christy - Naomi Bulger


 This should have been grouped with the MishMash. It looks too stiff to me. It was an inner envelope and the colors were supposed to go with the Lichtenstein stamp - but I accidentally put the skateboard stamp on it. The pinkish color does not go. Grrrr

Even though I *grrrrrr* from time to time at my own insignificant woes - when I read about the trials and tribulations of other people who have been blogging for a long time - I am grateful that my trials, etc are minimal and I am able to keep up with my blogging.

Somehow Pinterest fell off my radar - and when it popped up again - I spent a little time looking at what's new. That led me to Naomi Bulger - a mail artist and illustrator whose work I have seen for years and years. A search on my blog of her name will bring up posts of mine (with ideas from her) going back to 2016.

I noticed that her blog had a 10 month layoff from posting - and scanned a bit - and read this:

Naomi's said >>> I intended to start a book this year, but I only got a short way in before Life - in the form of parenting, a new full-time job, a home renovation, a house-guest who stayed seven months, and an unexpected and forced move out of home that lasted six months - declared it had other plans. I haven’t given it up though. It’s a book I began thinking about during Lockdown, because Lockdown was when my husband and I turned into our parents.

Back to Jean's writing>>>> holy moly -- that sounds like a nightmarish year. Her most recent post is fun - although very off-topic - people who dress up in period costume. Only click if you need to fill up some hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment