Friday, September 15, 2023

To Irene and Chuck in Aug


When I got the gouache out, I thought I would go back to this idea that I appropriated from Rachael and see if I could get better results with gouache. Nope. I'm not sure what the problem is. It could be my impatience with coloring in. It could be that the paper was not lovely enough to make it a satisfying tactile experience. Or it could be how bad I am at matching colors. 

Here is another one that is equally disappointing.


As previously mentioned, I have a chart to check off all the names under a specific style - so, I (hopefully) do not send the same styles over and over to the same people. According to the list, I have not done Janet's name like this - but that seems odd. Also Jessica, Mia and Smash. Somehow that just doesn't seem right. 

Apologies for this very boring conversation with myself. Am I the only one who likes this style? Is anyone else going to try it? 



 

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this one and those stamps are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, may be brave enough to try it, and think it would do well with alcohol markers.

    ReplyDelete