Sunday, November 27, 2022

From Kate and Jessica - avant garde cakes


It's always fun to see two envelopes with the same stamp. It happens quite often and usually the designs are wildly different. These two have matching cancels  - one from the state of Washington and the other from Florida. The design elements of stacked dots/stars was just enough to nudge me into posting these two together.

***

Shout out to myself - it's your daughter's birthday - don't forget to text her a greeting. I wonder if she gets to sleep in. I would have enjoyed treating her to a night in a hotel - but figured her kids would be having none of that. I wish I lived closer - as I could count on the kids being in favor of shipping both mom and dad off for the weekend because Nanna's rules are a very nice change of pace.

How about a look at the latest trend in cakes - avant garde, eh? She calls them abstract expressionist. I'll put in a link to just one of many that you can find on IG. I'm sure the grandkids would enjoy making something like this.

LINK to wacky cakes




No comments:

Post a Comment