Sunday, July 3, 2022

From Ming to Ben - family stories


Ben was super happy with his envelope full of stickers from Ming. He was also impressed that all the leaves were hand drawn. The dinosaur stamp was well received. Thank you, Ming!!

By the way -- Ming did let me know what she used on her May envelope to me:

The pen I use is Pilot Parallel Calligraphy Pen. 2.4mm for name and address. 3.8mm for leaves.
I use the same green ink for the wreath & address. The only difference is I add water to make it light for the address. The purple is ink as well.  

***

I get feedback that some of you like stories - so here's another one. When I mentioned MrWilson's learning experience at the gas station yesterday, I was reminded of his other adventures at gas stations (convenience stores). 

Once upon a time, *the phone* rang. It was a land line - back in the olden times when everyone in one household had one number. It was the Des Moines police department. I do not recall how the conversation went - but they needed to find MrWilson - because a convenience store had called to report that he had driven off without paying. 

I assured them that MrWilson was a lawyer and it was highly unlikely that it was intentional - and I would send him right back to the convenience store to straighten things out. When he got home and heard about the call he started laughing - because he had not pumped any gas. He couldn't get the pump to work so he just left and went somewhere else. He did get it straightened out - and it did not go on his permanent record with the police. It did, however, go on his permanent record here at 420 44th.

Second episode: he called me from a convenience store because he had lost the car key. That's insane. How do you lose a car when you are pumping gas? But, it's no use debating with someone who has a PhD in arguing. Seriously - arguing.is.what.they.do.*(1) So, I took him the other key. I listened to some very persuasive*(2) jabbering about how many places he had looked and how inexplicable it was. Mysterious, it was. Blah-blah-blah.*(3) Later, I went out to the car and looked around. Finally I thought -- Is it even possible that he did not think of the most obvious place - between the driver's seat and the console? So, I looked in that most obvious of places - and there it was. 

Naturally - he claimed he had looked there. <eye rolling> 

This is too much jabbering about silliness - In September, we are going to buckle down and get serious. I figure it will take a couple months to cover all the items on his permanent record. And those are just the ones I am willing to publish on the internet. The 3 numbered items will clarify things as I launch my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment