Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Troy's tiger - MollyST

 


Here's Troy's tiger image with the tiger stamps. Troy uses really nice paper. I wonder if he will tell us what it is. It looks like the envelopes are already made and all the edges are deckle edges. So cool.

***

As I write this on March 11th, there are distressing things in the news. When this pops up in April, things will either be better, worse or the same. In case people think that I have a frivolous (or oblivious) view of the world, I'm reposting something from Molly Suber Thorpe. She's a lettering artist who has been around for a long time and is currently living in Greece. Here's what she had to say a month ago.

mollysuberthorpe It’s really easy to feel like making art is pointless – or at least unnecessary – when the suffering in the world is so great. But beauty, and expressions of true human experience, are the best antidote to ugliness. So artists always need to keep making, writers keep writing, musicians keep playing – not just for the need it fulfills inside us, but for the way it contributes to the good parts of the world, too.⁠

Whenever the world feels especially hard, I turn to Virginia Woolf because she always knows how to speak to me. I hope you have your equivalent of Virginia in this time: a private place to escape for a small dose of comfort and renewed sense of purpose.⁠

Link to Molly's IG

I snagged 3 images off IG. The middle one is the image that goes with her comments.

I feel that the writing I am doing is far more necessary than anything else. V Woolf



No comments:

Post a Comment