Monday, March 21, 2022

Donated birthday cards


This is my second batch of birthday cards that I have donated to the people who live at the place that is providing a pathway to life beyond the shelters. Any of these could be inspiration for an envelope. Just put the greeting on the left half of the envelope.

The one on the left was the first one and I was not crazy about the A in DAY - but, I liked the idea well enough to do a second one. On the second one, the H in BiRtH does not please me. But, I like the colors better.

Below is a shot of the second one when I had it penciled and just a few colors. The concept was to have it penciled and then take one color and sprinkle that color around. I much prefer minimizing the amount of time spent putting one marker down and picking up another one.



Then I did another one. I do not like the border at all - but it's not awful. I just don't think it adds anything. My hope was that I could do a marker border so that I did not have to erase a pencil line. I did not mess up on any of the letters - so that's good. I did not like all 3 Y's in red - but maybe nobody noticed that until I pointed it out.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment