Friday, April 3, 2020

Happy Hippie Day from Janet


I wonder if I can get Janet to send us a photo of herself in college. I wonder if she was a hippie. The next time I find a picture of me looking like a hippie, I will post it. I was not a hippie, but I did have an official shag haircut. It is still my favorite picture of myself. I wish I had a photo of the jeans that I stitched on for Leslie Bankoff. He was a very random acquaintance - but he was seriously into the hippie look and I did some stitching on some bell bottom jeans for him. They were really nice. I just Googled him and it appears he is a doctor in Philadelphia. Wouldn't it be fun if a blog reader lives next door to him and says, "Hey, Leslie, what ever happened to your favorite pair of jeans from 1971?" And then he'd pull out a photo and send it to us and we'd get to see them. I wonder if he would even remember them. At the time, I recall how much he appreciated them - as there were not a lot of people around with stitching skills.


****
Something fun to watch if you are interested in writing.


1 comment: