Friday, November 29, 2019

Great Font from Tina

This font is fantastic. Her outline of it on the envelope was a very clever way to coordinate.

Then, there are the stamps - so pretty - and fun for us to see stamps from England.

*****

 A real time P.S.
Atlas Obscura has so many fun items. I hope I remember to go back and follow some of the links in this article. The concept of decorating one's floor with a bunch of trompe l'oeil trash is something that I seriously considered many years ago when I had small kids who left all kinds of stuff on the floor. I seriously wanted to decoupage images of food on the kitchen floor. The only thing that stopped me was that Mr Wilson was not fond of my alternative ideas.

Anyhow, there are all kinds of interesting tidbits about ancient (not sure that is the right word) Greeks and Romans in the linked article. In many ways, they seem just like us. And how can I be in my late 60s and just learning that the Vatican has a Profane Museum. Profane just means, not-religious in this context. Must be a quirk in translating. I surfed around the website - and it would be on my bucket list, if I had a bucket.

Trompe l'oeil floors


No comments:

Post a Comment