Friday, March 22, 2019

Jan Exchange - to Fatima - Frozen Treats

There is a hint of Neuland to this lettering. I'm using up orphan Forevers as well as the vintage stamps. While I love these stamps, I don't think any of my ideas were all that creative. Brace yourself, there are some real dogs coming up.

****
Shout out to the BigHelpfulBrother. He turns 70 today and I did not invite anyone to send him a card or envelope because he is in the midst of his Swedish Death Cleaning - and Oh.My.Gosh does he have some wonderful stuff to get rid of. Having a stack of beautiful mail would just frustrate him.

He sent me this link to a charming little video about the Forbes Pigment Collection at the Harvard Art Museums. Five minutes of coolness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApTzWboLrA&feature=youtu.be

It's been mentioned before, but it is worth mentioning again - a wonderful book about where pigments for paint come from:
Color: A Natural History of the Palette by Victoria Finlay



No comments:

Post a Comment