Thursday, August 10, 2023

Fraudulent Postage Stamps - BONUS POST

Scroll down for today's regular post.

Yesterday I had an email from someone offering to sell me USPS stamps at discounted rates. It looked suspicious and I was wondering how hard it would be to forward it to the postal inspectors. It was very easy. They have a lovely website which I encourage everyone to visit - link below.

I emailed them at 8:48 am and had a response at 10:27 am. I forwarded the email and asked them if they were interested in me alerting them to any other fraud stamp sellers on FB and IG. Here is the response:

Good Morning Jean,

 

Thank you so much for forwarding this to us! Yes, please send us any websites, stores on social media, etc. where you see stamps being sold at a large discount. For more information on counterfeit stamps, please visit our website at:  Counterfeit Stamps – United States Postal Inspection Service (uspis.gov)

 

I have provided the below information to one of our analysts to investigate.

 

Thank you for your time.


***

So - if you see any of those discount stamp offers - feel free to email our friendly postal inspectors. 


I'm not sure that link in their email will work - since it is a copy/paste. Here is the link - inserted the way I normally insert links.


https://www.uspis.gov/report


or - if you want to start at the home page of the postal inspectors site:

https://www.uspis.gov



 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post Jean. I have seem these VERY discounted stamp sites and have wondered about their credibility. Glad that it is easy to verify.

    ReplyDelete