Wednesday, May 3, 2023

From JeanR -- naming tools


 I hope I remember to come back and tell you what ink JeanR used -- it's almost neon. I love the details. I'm also excited that Jean is returning to our fair city very soon. I'm inviting myself to her studio to research Spencerian flourishing. 

Jean responded: Probably Dr. Ph Martin's radiant concentrated water color. Cherry red

Here is the envelope that went to Peggy - and I do not have an image of Peggy's insert. I'm curious if the P is something JeanR came up with or if it is from an exemplar. 

It's smart to position the stamp a little low - so the cancel just nips the top.


My son was telling me about interacting with the guys who *dislodge* the mail that gets all jammed up inside the sorter machines. He described the tool they use: "It's a broom without the broom part on it." I hope my BigHelpfulBrother (and uncle to my son) is getting a chuckle out of the name of this tool. Most of us old-timers are familiar with that important tool - the broom handle. Or broom stick. Not to be confused with the ax handle, AKA the enforcer. 

I'm not going to bother with details -- but, man, if you ever find yourself working at the PO, be vigilant about keeping the broom handle where it is supposed to be. (If he remembers to ask me - I will tell him the full story.)

No comments:

Post a Comment