Sunday, April 30, 2023

To Bill in March - sign painting and Heather Martinez


After I sent this - I found out that Bill is an actual, bona fide, old-school, SIGN PAINTER. I almost shrieked out loud. I would have never sent this piece of utter you-know-what to a sign-painter. Aaaarrrrggghhhh. Don't get me wrong - I am not intimidated -- I'd just do something that was wildly different and reflected something that I do well. 

And I know that Bill didn't look at it and then grab his barf bag - because sign painters are kind and patient people who understand some of the most basic fundamentals of coping with life (and spelling). Sign painters don't get the respect they deserve. I'll spare you my full rant. 

If you Google - letterheads sign painters - there are hits for groups that are keeping the art alive. If Bill wants to steer us towards *the real stuff* he knows how to reach us. But -- from what I know - my readers are more into the ephemeral end of things -- and a little looser than what Bill's tribe practices.

Then there is this site -- with a bunch of *stuff* - 
It includes a quick and easy *sign-painting* lesson. So - if you want to dabble - this is the other end of the spectrum.  I found this through the pangram people....specifically Heather Leavitt Martinez.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment