Saturday, March 27, 2021

Jean's Jan exchange envelopes No 1


One of my ideas for the new year was to choose a new style each month and post an exemplar for anyone who wanted to download it and try it. This was the first style I tried. I also knew that if I made myself to the 25-30 envelopes that I do each month, I would get a better idea of whether or not I liked doing the style. It has been my observation that when you try a style on 5 or 6 envelopes you don't really give it a chance. So, I had a lot of fun with these but they seemed a little blah. I did not even bother photographing all of them. 

There was a smudge on the one to Smash, so I filled in the grid. That didn't cover it up, so I filled in some squares. I ended up liking that one the best but it was not going to be fun to use that texture on all of them. I thought of making myself come up with 20 different ideas - but that was a huge risk. It seemed like it would be a better idea to just use these as inserts and start over.

These envelopes do give a lot of different options for address placement. Some of them have fake addresses because I knew they were not going to be mailed. Another reason to not mail these - I had not considered what stamp I would use. It was fun doing the little rubber stamp stamps.


Here is your exemplar if you want to try it.

I like the names centered better than flush left - but I can never center very well on an envelope which is why I went with the flush left on the envelopes.
I was too lazy to find a ruler, so I did the wavy lines, which I like a lot. But I was not that happy with the wavy lined addresses.

I might revisit this style with a ruler and see what happens.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment