Saturday, December 5, 2020

From Jeri - Dec 2019 (Fatwa ramble)


Another envelope from Jeri. Love it. Love the stamp. 

******
Here it is, Nov 22 and I have discovered several posts where I did not write the blurb. We celebrated several weeks ago that I had filled up the entire year and could sit back and relax. HA!

I'm not complaining. I am not even grouchy. I always check the posts prior to them popping up so that I can edit them if necessary. Then, I started doing the extra chatter. The ranting. The musing. Etc.

During the ranting and musing, it occurred to me that it might be too much information. It seems like the sweet spot for my blog posts is the depth of my computer screen. If I have to scroll down, that's too much. Although, if it is a really good story that I know will grab your attention and there is a great punchline, then they can drag on a bit. 

So, am I rambling or is there a point to this? I'm rambling. I'm contemplating whether I should continue with the longer posts because some of us are feeling claustrophobic. I don't want to just add drivel. If I add something, it needs to be worthwhile. 

Clearly, this entire post has not turned the corner into worthwhile. Or maybe it's OK to reveal some of my thought process behind the rambling. Oh, here's an interesting tidbit that just popped in. I download audio books from the library and use them to fall asleep. I set them to turn off after 30 minutes. So, I probably miss the last 15 minutes of each session. I do not backtrack to find where I fell asleep so I end up missing half of the books. 

I choose books that I am only half-interested in. The latest was Salman Rushdie's book about how he endured the years that he had to stay in hiding because of the fatwa calling for his assassination. Holy cow. If you want to hear about something worse than having to hunker down during a pandemic -- hiding from assassins is definitely worse.

And technically, the fatwa is still on. While one leader declared the fatwa finished, other leaders continue to add to the amount of the bounty. It was raised as recently as 2016. So, there you have it. Jean's tips for how to endure the pandemic, be grateful that there is not a bounty on your head. 


2 comments:

  1. I love how she did your name! Is it 3d? Wonder what ink she used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is definitely a raised *goopy* medium. It has to be in the acrylic family. It is glossy. It looks like she wrote with an eye-dropper. There are a lot of acrylic inks that come in bottles with eye droppers on the caps.

      Delete